Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Innovative Management Award - More

A few days ago I blogged about IPAC's Innovative Management Award.  Well the application deadline has arrived along with almost 100 submissions!  I am now plowing my way through a number of these submissions and I can tell that it will be a very difficult job to come up with a handful of finalists from the amazing examples of collaboration that I have read about so far. These are such great examples of how governments right across Canada are engaging in collaboration to develop better policies and programs.  The collaborations include multiple ministries/departments within a jurisdiction, collaboration with other orders of government - federal, provincial, municipal and aboriginal, collaboration with the private sector, collaboration with NGO's and community groups, collaboration with citizens and collaboration with other countries.  WOW!!!

I am not sure how I will triage all these submissions, but one thing I can attest to is that citizens should be proud of the public service in Canada for engaging in innovative and collaborative approaches to program & policy development and implementation.  Stay tuned for the list of the finalists shortly (have to have it shortly as the awards jury meets in early July to hear from the finalists and award the Gold, Silver & Bronze).

Once again, thanks to our sponsors, IBM Canada and KPMG for supporting this important award and especially thanks to all the organizations across Canada that have submitted nominations.

No comments:

Post a Comment