Sunday, September 16, 2007

All aBoard

I along with three other people, including Senator Hugh Segal, were appointed to the Board of the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences (www.ices.on.ca). Since its inception in 1992, ICES has played a key role in providing unique scientific insights to help policymakers, managers, planners, practitioners and other researchers shape the future direction of the Ontario health care system. Their unbiased, evidence-based knowledge and recommendations, profiled in atlases, investigative reports, and peer-reviewed journals, are used to guide decision-making and inform changes in health care delivery.


Given my interest in Health Care - from both my work in the scientific field (my first degree was in Biology - Human Genetics) and my work at the Ontario Ministry of Finance, this appointment is a natural fit. I'm looking forward to my fisrt Board meeting next week and will let you know about any interesting developments. In a future blog I might even relate my past research on osteporosis using beagles to public management & administration (might be a stretch, but I'll find some link!)

No comments:

Post a Comment